Management of research infrastructure
Today the Austrian Court of Audit (ACA) published the report "Management of Research Infrastructure". From November 2019 to March 2020, the ACA audited the management of research infrastructure at the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research as well as in the following research institutions: FH JOANNEUM Gesellschaft mbH, the Vienna University of Technology and the University Linz. The audit aimed at assessing the planning, financing and use of the research infrastructure database as well as the use of devices in the framework of projects carried out by research institutions. The audited period spanned the years from 2016 through 2019.
- As regards entries of data into the research infrastructure database, compliance with the minimum requirements should be ensured; plausibility checks should be stepped up and carried out in a timely manner.
- The research institutions should be advised that only those devices should be entered into the public database that are actually available for collaborations.
- In the framework of the planned evaluation of the research infrastructure database, adequate evaluation criteria should be defined in a timely manner to assess its effectiveness.
- In the framework of the planned evaluation, the indicators of the research infrastructure database should be assessed with regard to their necessity and adequacy – and with regard to possible simplifications.
- In the framework of the planned evaluation, the attainment of targets and/or the success of the research infrastructure database should be measured against actually realized collaborations or cooperative utilizations.
- pdf Datei:
- 1,535.6 KB
- 60 Seiten