ACA presents report on the federal digital strategy
The Austrian Court of Audit (ACA) publishes the report on the federal digital strategy (in German).
From September to December 2018, the ACA carried out an audit of the financial management of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs, the Federal Ministry of Finance, the then Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology and the Federal Chancellery with regard to a digital strategy of the federal administration. The audit aimed at evaluating the preparatory work for the digital evolution (e-government, digital roadmap, deregulation, cutting red tape) and to assess the preparation of a digital strategy of the federal administration. The audited period essentially spanned the years from 2015 through 2018. As regards e-government, facts pertaining to previous years were also taken into account.
- The Federal Government should discuss compliance with and the implementation of future digital strategies and e-government concepts through submissions to the Council of Ministers.
- The Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs should immediately take over the responsibility for the organization and coordination of the elaboration of the digital strategy.
- A project plan for the elaboration of a digital strategy should be prepared immediately.
- The implementation of significant digital plans spanning all levels of government should be supported i.a. through considerations regarding a common infrastructure and through joint technical conventions and standards.
- The European provisions regarding the “right to electronic communication”, the “electronic identification” and the “single digital gateway” would have to be implemented as a high priority action.
- pdf Datei:
- 1,252.8 KB
- 60 Seiten