From November 2019 to March 2020, the Austrian Court of Audit (ACA) carried out an audit of the NÖ.Regional.GmbH (in charge of regional development in Lower Austria) and the province of Lower Austria itself. The audit aimed at assessing the performance of tasks, the economic situation and the use of funds as well as the administration of the NÖ.Regional.GmbH. The audited period spanned the years from 2014 through 2019.
- The province of Lower Austria should evaluate the savings targets related to the establishment of the NÖ.Regional.GmbH – in particular against the backdrop of the intended further development of the company and the appointment of a second managing director.
- The province of Lower Austria should evaluate the NÖ.Regional.GmbH with regard to a potential streamlining of the services offered, also to the end of reducing a possible duplication of efforts with other organizations of the province.
- As regards of the appointment of several members of the managing board, the NÖ.Regional.GmbH should outline the allocation and division of tasks already prior to the publication of the vacancies.
- In the spirit of transparent budgeting and accounting, the province of Lower Austria should avoid increasing the number of staff via labour supply contracts.
- The NÖ.Regional.GmbH should prepare a written risk analysis for all relevant risk areas and implement a risk management system to address the critical risks.
- pdf Datei:
- 1,585.2 KB
- 60 Seiten